Sunday, April 12, 2009



Happy Easter Everyone!

Swedish parishioners unveil Lego statue of Jesus
A boy examines a statue of Jesus Christ made entirely out of Lego construction bricks in a church at Vasteras, Sweden, on Sunday, April 12, 2009. The 6-foot-tall statue, a copy of Thorvaldsen's "Resurrected Christ", has taken parishioners 1.5 years to construct out of 30.000 tiny plastic pieces (JONAS EKSTROMER / AP)

My first response to this news article was, "Well, this puts a new spin on 'don't play with God'."  But then I could not help but marvel at the art and dedication of the parishioners who accomplished this unusual task.  I still had questions though, like Why?  What was their motivation or inspiration?  And Who? Who was the initiator or artist that conceived such a idea? And finally,
What would Jesus say?

Being Easter Day it seems to matter more what He would say?  Jesus said, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.  And then He asks us the question, Believest thou this? (John 11:25-26) This question makes me realize, it is not my questions that need answering, but His.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chere Keep up the good work a it makes for very interesting reading. I always knew that you were a great teacher...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin