Monday, January 11, 2016

Nevada Trip Journal: Tuesday 17, 2015 Yerington, NV

Nevada Trip Journal: Tuesday 17, 2015 Yerington, NV



Had breakfast at Rosie’s Place #2.  Had a great plate of chorizo and eggs.


Rosie’s Place #2 interior


Juan Verdugo, owner of Rosie’s Place.  Juan told me that he also owned Rosie’s Place No 1 in Smith Valley.  He said that when he first started his restaurant his wife Rosie wasn’t interested in it until he named it after her.  Now he says she loves it.  Juan is a Smith Valley High School graduate and was raised on the Hunewell ranch in Smith Valley.


Greenfield Business Park on Goldfield Ave.


View from across the street from Greenfield Business Park on Goldfield Ave.


Stopped at the Lyon County Library to do some research.  They have microfilm of the Mason Valley News & other newspapers back to the mid-1800’s.  My problem was I could not get the microfilm machine to work right. May try again tomorrow.


Stopped by Lyon County Museum by they were closed.  Their hours are Thurs & Fri from 1 pm-4 pm.  I will definitely go back Thursday afternoon.There was a large mural on a building by the Museum.  When I was a kid, this building was the Seventh Adventist Church.


Part of large mural on a building by the Lyon County Museum.


Part of large mural on a building by the Lyon County Museum.


Part of large mural on a building by the Lyon County Museum.


Picked up an application for Yerington Manor Senior Complex.  They have a 6-12 month waiting list.


Office of Yerington Manor


Dinner with Linda Edwards at Dini’s.  Linda Carey Edwards 2015


Linda Carey 1966


Dini’s Lucky Club


Told George Dini about our Friday Facebook Meetup.  He said he could accommodate us.

    

Hey, Yerington Facebook Friends, I am going to be in Yerington next week Nov 16-20 (Mon-Fri) and thought it would be fun to have a Meet Up with some of my Facebook friends in Yerington, Smith and Lyon County.  If any of you locals would be interested, please let me know and where we could meet and what times would be best.  I was thinking maybe brunch at Dini’s on Friday, but I am open.  I have some Facebook friends in Yerington that I have never met face to face and would love to connect with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin